W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > June 2012

[All updated agenda] Re: [All] AGENDA MLW-LT Call 28 June, 2 p.m. UTC

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 09:34:32 +0200
Message-ID: <CAL58czq-5txWXrFCHbL=_xM1HsTjmRDALw11A=gO7iM=SkV_Mw@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Changes:

- added ISSUE-3 per Tadej's mail.

- added a slot about the process how to get consensus on data categories.

- removed ISSUE-12 (segmentation marker) since Arle agreed to close this

-


See your time at

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120628T14



We will try to go through actions and "low hanging fruit" issues fast with

the goal to close or at least update these. Then we will discuss RDF + ITS

and terminology related data categories (named entity and disambiguation)

in detail.



Note that not every action or issue is on the agenda - we just won't get to

talk about everything and need to bring topics up again next week.



ACTIONS

See open actions at

https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/open



- ACTION-135 Pedro to have Giuseppe to flesh out specialRequirements.

Pedro, can you give a timeline for this? If we don't get input by mid July,

we will need to drop specialRequirements.



- ACTION-126 David to come up with a proposal for mtConfidence. Please

don't forget, this is needed to move mtConfidence to the list of data

categories at

http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Implementation_Commitments

,

again by mid July.



- ACTION-107 Shaun - can you give an update on the "LocaleFilter" proposal

at http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20120626/#LocaleFilter

Using the template attached at

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Jun/0133.html

? And taking this discussion

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Jun/0148.html

into account?

This would close ACTION-107 and contribute to ISSUE-10 "language vs.

locale". If you don't have time, who would volunteer?



- ACTION-141: Table in a staging wiki page to notify current state of all

data categories in terms of consensus and impl comitments. Maybe not needed

in a separate place if we add the information to

http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Implementation_Commitments
?

This should be update by the co-chairs only.



- ACTION-81 "consider consolidation of author, revisionAgent and

translationAgent" - I closed this one, Dave, since I think we keep track of

this via the provenance section you will provide by mid July - let me know

if you disagree.



- General reminder: we need to move quality discussion forward by mid July,

otherwise the quality related data categories at

http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Implementation_Commitments

are

at risk to not be on the spec. See also ACTION-113 for this: Dave to

conclude quality discussion with Arle, including examples from existing

implementation in CMS-LION



- General reminder: our plan until September, see

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Jun/0133.html

Let the co-chairs know if you have questions.



DISCUSSIONS (SHORT, HOPEFULLY)


- Propose to close ISSUE-3 What ontology should describe the metadata
values (entity types)?
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/3

Latest mail from Tadej at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Jun/0157.html



- Propose to close ISSUE-23 Re-draft section 7.6. "Removal, Archiving and

Re-integration of ITS mark-up"

see latest mail from Moritz at

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Jun/0042.html



- Propose to close ISSUE-1: Low level API to access CMS content, since this

is implementation specific.



- Propose to close "ISSUE-6: Process State" and re-open it after we have

reached ITS last call. See also the discussion at

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Jun/0137.html

Opinions?



- Need a volunteer to work on ISSUE-9 id granularity and maintenance

requirements and rules and idValue data category proposal, or drop the

idValue data category proposal.



- ISSUE-13 Cache data category needed and how? Needs two implementations,

any volunteers in addition to Pedro? Otherwise we'll have to close this.



- ISSUE-16 parameter for rules - can be closed as is without any change -

opinions?



- ISSUE-24: Proposal to change ITS term. Propose to close this, not moving

forward and may be just a best practice for XLIFF+ITS. See

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Jun/0076.html

question: is there a need for best practices about the relation between ITS

and XLIFF? That's something we could do in 2013.


PROCESS for deciding about data categories


- Dave mentioned to me that there was confusion about this during the last
call. I will give some clarifications today, please attend if you need more
info. ACTION-141 is also related to that.



DISCUSSIONS (DETAILED, HOPEFULLY)



- RDF serialization

related action: ACTION-122 Maxime to lead discussion on RDF serialization

in ITS, with "task force" people - Sebastian, Maxime, Dave, ...

Done via

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Jun/0127.html

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Y8yLjJpWTJFA-WTvRhTDd6zl6jBOE9P5ckTfCZqUZIk



- Terminology discussion at

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Jun/0136.html

The separation between terminology, disambiguation and named entity is not

really moving forward. Nevertheless we need this in ITS 2.0.



Talk to you soon,



Felix



-- 

Felix Sasaki

DFKI / W3C Fellow
Received on Thursday, 28 June 2012 07:34:58 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Sunday, 9 June 2013 00:24:56 UTC