[All] AGENDA MLW-LT Call 28 June, 2 p.m. UTC

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 00:04:04 +0200
To: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
See your time at

We will try to go through actions and "low hanging fruit" issues fast with
the goal to close or at least update these. Then we will discuss RDF + ITS
and terminology related data categories (named entity and disambiguation)
in detail.

Note that not every action or issue is on the agenda - we just won't get to
talk about everything and need to bring topics up again next week.

See open actions at

- ACTION-135 Pedro to have Giuseppe to flesh out specialRequirements.
Pedro, can you give a timeline for this? If we don't get input by mid July,
we will need to drop specialRequirements.

- ACTION-126 David to come up with a proposal for mtConfidence. Please
don't forget, this is needed to move mtConfidence to the list of data
categories at
again by mid July.

- ACTION-107 Shaun - can you give an update on the "LocaleFilter" proposal
at http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20120626/#LocaleFilter
Using the template attached at
? And taking this discussion
into account?
This would close ACTION-107 and contribute to ISSUE-10 "language vs.
locale". If you don't have time, who would volunteer?

- ACTION-141: Table in a staging wiki page to notify current state of all
data categories in terms of consensus and impl comitments. Maybe not needed
in a separate place if we add the information to
This should be update by the co-chairs only.

- ACTION-81 "consider consolidation of author, revisionAgent and
translationAgent" - I closed this one, Dave, since I think we keep track of
this via the provenance section you will provide by mid July - let me know
if you disagree.

- General reminder: we need to move quality discussion forward by mid July,
otherwise the quality related data categories at
at risk to not be on the spec. See also ACTION-113 for this: Dave to
conclude quality discussion with Arle, including examples from existing
implementation in CMS-LION

- General reminder: our plan until September, see
Let the co-chairs know if you have questions.

- Propose to close ISSUE-23 Re-draft section 7.6. "Removal, Archiving and
Re-integration of ITS mark-up"
see latest mail from Moritz at

- Propose to close ISSUE-1: Low level API to access CMS content, since this
is implementation specific.

- Propose to close ISSUE-12 Create a (Sentence) Segmentation Markup System
compatible with the proposed Unicode segmentation characters; until we hear
from ULI. I also closed ACTION-105, this is not needed until we hear from
ULI. Arle, let me know if you think different.

- Propose to close "ISSUE-6: Process State" and re-open it after we have
reached ITS last call. See also the discussion at

- Need a volunteer to work on ISSUE-9 id granularity and maintenance
requirements and rules and idValue data category proposal, or drop the
idValue data category proposal.

- ISSUE-13 Cache data category needed and how? Needs two implementations,
any volunteers in addition to Pedro? Otherwise we'll have to close this.

- ISSUE-16 parameter for rules - can be closed as is without any change -

- ISSUE-24: Proposal to change ITS term. Propose to close this, not moving
forward and may be just a best practice for XLIFF+ITS. See
question: is there a need for best practices about the relation between ITS
and XLIFF? That's something we could do in 2013.

- RDF serialization
related action: ACTION-122 Maxime to lead discussion on RDF serialization
in ITS, with "task force" people - Sebastian, Maxime, Dave, ...
Done via

- Terminology discussion at
The separation between terminology, disambiguation and named entity is not
really moving forward. Nevertheless we need this in ITS 2.0.

Talk to you soon,