Re: [All] domain data category section proposal, please review

From: Arle Lommel <arle.lommel@dfki.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:17:31 +0200
Cc: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>, "<public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>" <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
To: Thomas Ruedesheim <thomas.ruedesheim@lucysoftware.com>
Was this an area where the ISO data category registry might come into play? That is, could we declare an agreed upon selection of fairly broad top-level domains to promote interoperability while still allowing for specification by users?

Unfortunately there is a lot of complexity around this issue in general that we will not resolve and that may indeed be fundamentally unresolvable. But perhaps using the DCR as a place where domain ontologies can be declared in an authoritative resource and pointed to we could at least provide a way for someone to share what they mean.

Arle

--
Arle Lommel
Berlin, Germany

Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse any typos.