Re: short report of 2010-04-07 teleconference + 3 polls + 1 Transition Request

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 09:11:42 +1000
To: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr
Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Hi Raphael, all,

2010/4/7 RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@cwi.nl>:
> Dear all,
>
> There were only Michael, Yves, Silvia (irc) and I on the call so we had a
> very brief chat, that you can still read at
> http://www.w3.org/2010/04/07-mediafrag-minutes.html (and below).
>
> I'm *very* concerned by the lack of progress since the F2F meeting thus the
> following decisions:
> †* I will issue a transition request to publish the document as it is this
> afternoon, after making sure the document passes the pubrules. If you do
> have an objection, please let me know asap.

I'm looking forward to the new WD document.

Note that I am keen to register a bug with the HTML WG to introduce
some text about supporting temporal Media Fragment URIs. Right now,
there is a single mention of fragment identifiers near
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/video.html#fire-loadedmetadata
(in point 6). But this is not sufficient.

The HTML spec should include a reference to our spec and a note on the
implications on the UA user interface:
* display a selection
* start playback at start offset
* stop playback at end offset
* possibly introduce a replay (reload) button for the fragment
* could even introduce optional selection of transport bar to mark
fragment and context menu URI fragment copying

So, there is a discussion to be had there before implementations will
be had. I would like to get there asap.