Re: Media Fragments Talk to the W3C Semantic Web Coordination Group

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 13:52:59 -0400
To: "public-media-fragment@w3.org" <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Hi I'm the CME TWG chair. Manu suggested I look in on the work this group is doing. There's an obvious connection to what we're trying to accomplish. Just to clarify, the industry elected to go with a membership organization principally to ensure that we can get a standard out quickly, rather than the often longer-term projects that can happen in the W3C; not really concerned about a mater of "control", we are based almost entirely on open standards. Membership is open to anyone, and the fees necessary to defray the costs of running the organization. The result of our work will be open for others to inspect and use, although we're still working on the time frame for that.

In the mean time, I'd be happy to discuss with anyone our objectives and methodologies. We'll probably have to wait for a TWG draft to have something definitive to share.

Gregg Kellogg
Technical Working Group Chair, Connected Media Experience
gregg@kellogg-assoc.com