Re: short report of 2010-04-07 teleconference + 3 polls + 1 Transition Request

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 10:43:35 +0200
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Dear Silvia,

> I'm looking forward to the new WD document.

The publication request has been approved. The document is staged at
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/overview-20100413.html
so the document will be published this Tuesday.

> Note that I am keen to register a bug with the HTML WG to introduce
> some text about supporting temporal Media Fragment URIs. Right now,
> there is a single mention of fragment identifiers near
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/video.html#fire-loadedmetadata
> (in point 6). But this is not sufficient.

I fully agree.

> The HTML spec should include a reference to our spec and a note on the
> implications on the UA user interface:
> * display a selection
> * start playback at start offset
> * stop playback at end offset
> * possibly introduce a replay (reload) button for the fragment
> * could even introduce optional selection of transport bar to mark
> fragment and context menu URI fragment copying
>
> So, there is a discussion to be had there before implementations will
> be had. I would like to get there asap.

Yes, please go ahead. This is the time :-)
All, please, fill in the 3 doodle asap!