W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > April 2010

short report of 2010-04-07 teleconference + 3 polls + 1 Transition Request

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 12:07:40 +0200
Message-ID: <4BBC596C.6080208@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,

There were only Michael, Yves, Silvia (irc) and I on the call so we had 
a very brief chat, that you can still read at 
http://www.w3.org/2010/04/07-mediafrag-minutes.html (and below).

I'm *very* concerned by the lack of progress since the F2F meeting thus 
the following decisions:
   * I will issue a transition request to publish the document as it is 
this afternoon, after making sure the document passes the pubrules. If 
you do have an objection, please let me know asap.
   * POLL 1: I want to have a time slot where everybody can attend the 
weekly telecon. If the current time slot is not the good one, then we 
will change it. Please, fill *all* the doodle poll at 
http://www.doodle.com/vued2yf88xnyv7mh stating when you're available.
   * POLL 2: F2F meetings prove to be the moment and place where we 
_make_ progress. We need to organize a new one asap. FOMS have been 
postponed in October, which leaves us with 3 options (Raleigh in April, 
Amsterdam in June or Sophia Antipolis in June). Please, fill *all* the 
doodle poll at http://www.doodle.com/rt7fsz583hgzrcki stating if you 
will make it physically (green), virtually (yellow) or not (red).
   * POLL 3: I suggest we have the 7th F2F meeting during the TPAC 2010 
week organized in Lyon (France) on 1-5 November. What we basically need 
to decide, is whether we meet on Mon-Tue (1-2/11) or Thu-Fri (4-5/11). 
So here is another poll: http://www.doodle.com/83z7f5wzcqrvv2kg

Today, we have closed the actions 135, 155 and 158.
We have given the actions:
   - ACTION-159: Raphael to make sure the current doc pass pubrules and 
issue a transition request for publication
   - ACTION-160: Yves to send an email reporting the issue for track names
Best regards.

   RaphaŽl

-----------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
07 Apr 2010
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Apr/0002.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/04/07-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           Michael, Raphael, Silvia_irc, Yves
    Regrets
           Davy, Jack, Conrad
    Chair
           Raphael
    Scribe
           raphael
Contents

      * [4]Topics
      * [5]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 07 April 2010

    Raphael: I would suggest a +2 for next telecon
    ... I will organize a doodle
    ... not enough people on the call ... again :-(
    ... Yves, what is the status of the 3 ACTIONS we wanted to discuss
    today

    Yves: they are still pending, much more complex than originally
    thought
    ... the IRI F2F meeting 2 weeks ago has shown outstanding issues
    ... the pseudo algorithm of Philippe will clearly not be enough
    ... I need to do some research
    ... therefore, I suggest we publish a WD now
    ... and fix the issues later

    <scribe> ACTION: troncy to make sure the current doc pass pubrules
    and issue a transition request for publication [recorded in
    [6]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/07-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-159 - Make sure the current doc pass
    pubrules and issue a transition request for publication [on RaphaŽl
    Troncy - due 2010-04-14].

    <scribe> ACTION: yves to send an email reporting the issue for track
    names [recorded in
    [7]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/07-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-160 - Send an email reporting the issue
    for track names [on Yves Lafon - due 2010-04-14].

    Raphael: discussing opportunity for a upcoming f2f meeting ... this
    is the only way to progress!
    ... Raleigh, with WWW, no Michael, no Yves :-(
    ... Sophia Antipolis / Amsterdam in June ... possibly
    ... end of June in New York with FOMS (Silvia would be there
    perhaps)
    ... try to get a decision next week
    ... review of actions point

    close ACTION-155

    <trackbot> ACTION-155 Draw diagrams to include in the spec, similar
    to Yves's email, that shows which bytes from the headers and body of
    the media file are sent closed

    close ACTION-135

    <trackbot> ACTION-135 Extend section 7 regarding spatial and track
    dimension closed

    close ACTION-158

    <trackbot> ACTION-158 Enter the big table of all test cases for the
    temporal dimension in the wiki closed

    Raphael: Silvia indicates she wanted to increase the list of test
    cases considering the media does not start always at t=0
    ... all the other actions are pending

    <scribe> scribe: raphael

    <scribe> scribenick: raphael

    <silvia> btw: there will not be a meeting in New York in June

    <silvia> the conference has been moved to October

    <silvia> so, please take that off the list

    thanks silvia, that removes one candidate :-)

    <silvia> and opens another one in October :)

    <silvia> but I will keep you up-to-date if that will happen

    November is TPAC 2010 in Lyon

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: troncy to make sure the current doc pass pubrules and
    issue a transition request for publication [recorded in
    [8]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/07-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: yves to send an email reporting the issue for track
    names [recorded in
    [9]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/07-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 7 April 2010 10:09:12 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:38 GMT