Re: feedback on use cases and requirements

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:33:43 +0200
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
CC: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Hi Silvia,

> To make some progress, I have just gone ahead and done it.
> I have used the SMIL3 specification rather than what HTML5 proposes.
> HTML5 includes the SMIL specification, but also has specifications for a
> week string (which specifices work weeks in the year).

Great, thanks!
I have read the new section "4.3.1.3 Wall-clock time code", it's
perfect. I have sync the wiki page with the formal grammar in the spec,
see: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Formal_Grammar
Yves, could you please also update the piece of code in the code/
directory of the Media Fragments web space?

I note that we are not totally consistent in the way we wrote the formal
grammar: sometimes we write "1*DIGIT" while sometimes just "2DIGIT".
This is details, but perhaps we should just be consistent.

> BTW: somebody
> should put a reference into HTML5 that their dates-and-times spec is
> based on SMIL3.

Yep, perhaps you could email this either directly Ian or the
HTML5/WHATWG mailing lists.
Cheers.