W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > April 2010

Re: F2F next week and the ash cloud condition

From: Tobias Bürger <tobias.buerger@sti2.at>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:56:54 +0200
Message-ID: <4BCC5316.9060504@sti2.at>
CC: 'Daniel Park' <soohongp@gmail.com>, "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Hi Daniel,

no problem from my side; I will come by train.

Best regards,

Tobias

Evain, Jean-Pierre schrieb:
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
>  
>
> As far as I am concerned, I just cancelled my trip to MPEG and might
> do the same for the MAWG meeting according to how the situation
> evolves in the next few days. I don't want to be trapped in the after
> volcano effect chaos in airports.
>
>  
>
> Regards,
>
>  
>
> Jean-Pierre
>
>  
>
> *From:* public-media-annotation-request@w3.org
> [mailto:public-media-annotation-request@w3.org] *On Behalf Of *Daniel Park
> *Sent:* lundi, 19. avril 2010 04:11
> *To:* public-media-annotation@w3.org
> *Subject:* F2F next week and the ash cloud condition
>
>  
>
> Hello folks,
>
> We decided not to have a call this week. The F2F is in next week, but
> I am not sure if all participants can make a safe flight to Vienna due
> to the ash cloud in EU. As of today, all of flights for EU are
> cancelled in my country. Not so much different in others conturies in
> my feeling. Also, Werner who is a host of our F2f in Vienna is still
> waiting for his flight in US.
>
> Now we have a time before boarding, but also I believe we should think
> about that situation seriously.
>
> Let me ask a couple of questions like below
> (NOTE: It's not an official voting, rather just glancing at the
> current situation within the group before the F2F in EU]
>
> *[Q1] The ash cloud dependency to your journey?*
> [1] YES, I can't make a flight to Vienna, and no alternative
> transportation to Vienna.
> [2] WELL, some alternatives are allowed such as train, bus, own drive
> to Vienna.
>
> *[Q2] Postpone or keep going in case the current situation is not
> changed until the next week ?*
> [1] Postpone until the cloud is clear (depends Werner can be a host
> for the changed date) ->needs to be rescheduled (in May)
> [2] Keep going regardless of the condition (surely, non-EU residents
> can't make an attendance this time including myself)
>
>
> Please remark your opinion and reply to chairs directly not
> mailing-list by Tuesday (April 20)
>
>
> Daniel
>
> -- 
> Soohong Daniel Park
> Samsung Electronics, DMC R&D
> http://sites.google.com/site/natpt00 | Twitter@natpt
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> *************************************************** This email and any
> files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the
> use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
> have received this email in error, please notify the system manager.
> This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by
> the mailgateway ************************************************** *
>

-- 
_________________________________________________
Dr. Tobias Bürger

STI Innsbruck
University of Innsbruck, Austria
http://www.sti-innsbruck.at/

tobias.buerger@sti2.at
__________________________________________________
Received on Monday, 19 April 2010 12:52:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 19 April 2010 12:52:33 GMT