W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > April 2010

RE: F2F next week and the ash cloud condition

From: Evain, Jean-Pierre <evain@ebu.ch>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:46:37 +0200
To: 'Daniel Park' <soohongp@gmail.com>, "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Message-ID: <7D1656F54141C042A1B2556AE5237D60010CD0588A6E@GVAMAIL.gva.ebu.ch>
Hi Daniel,

As far as I am concerned, I just cancelled my trip to MPEG and might do the same for the MAWG meeting according to how the situation evolves in the next few days. I don't want to be trapped in the after volcano effect chaos in airports.



From: public-media-annotation-request@w3.org [mailto:public-media-annotation-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Park
Sent: lundi, 19. avril 2010 04:11
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Subject: F2F next week and the ash cloud condition

Hello folks,

We decided not to have a call this week. The F2F is in next week, but I am not sure if all participants can make a safe flight to Vienna due to the ash cloud in EU. As of today, all of flights for EU are cancelled in my country. Not so much different in others conturies in my feeling. Also, Werner who is a host of our F2f in Vienna is still waiting for his flight in US.

Now we have a time before boarding, but also I believe we should think about that situation seriously.

Let me ask a couple of questions like below
(NOTE: It's not an official voting, rather just glancing at the current situation within the group before the F2F in EU]

[Q1] The ash cloud dependency to your journey?
[1] YES, I can't make a flight to Vienna, and no alternative transportation to Vienna.
[2] WELL, some alternatives are allowed such as train, bus, own drive to Vienna.

[Q2] Postpone or keep going in case the current situation is not changed until the next week ?
[1] Postpone until the cloud is clear (depends Werner can be a host for the changed date) ->needs to be rescheduled (in May)
[2] Keep going regardless of the condition (surely, non-EU residents can't make an attendance this time including myself)

Please remark your opinion and reply to chairs directly not mailing-list by Tuesday (April 20)


Soohong Daniel Park
Samsung Electronics, DMC R&D
http://sites.google.com/site/natpt00 | Twitter@natpt

This email and any files transmitted with it 
are confidential and intended solely for the 
use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. 
If you have received this email in error, 
please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email 
message has been swept by the mailgateway
Received on Monday, 19 April 2010 12:47:18 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:17:37 UTC