W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > April 2010

RE: F2F next week and the ash cloud condition

From: Chris Poppe <Chris.Poppe@ugent.be>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:06:01 +0200
To: <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Message-ID: <017c01cae081$d80500d0$880f0270$@Poppe@ugent.be>
Dear all,

 

The same for me, I will most likely not be able to join the meeting. I will
however be online so I can follow the meeting through telephone and irc.
(What about video conferencing?)

 

Kind regards,

Chris

 

From: public-media-annotation-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-media-annotation-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Evain,
Jean-Pierre
Sent: maandag 19 april 2010 14:47
To: 'Daniel Park'; public-media-annotation@w3.org
Subject: RE: F2F next week and the ash cloud condition

 

Hi Daniel,

 

As far as I am concerned, I just cancelled my trip to MPEG and might do the
same for the MAWG meeting according to how the situation evolves in the next
few days. I don't want to be trapped in the after volcano effect chaos in
airports.

 

Regards,

 

Jean-Pierre

 

From: public-media-annotation-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-media-annotation-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Park
Sent: lundi, 19. avril 2010 04:11
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Subject: F2F next week and the ash cloud condition

 

Hello folks, 

We decided not to have a call this week. The F2F is in next week, but I am
not sure if all participants can make a safe flight to Vienna due to the ash
cloud in EU. As of today, all of flights for EU are cancelled in my country.
Not so much different in others conturies in my feeling. Also, Werner who is
a host of our F2f in Vienna is still waiting for his flight in US. 

Now we have a time before boarding, but also I believe we should think about
that situation seriously. 

Let me ask a couple of questions like below
(NOTE: It's not an official voting, rather just glancing at the current
situation within the group before the F2F in EU]

[Q1] The ash cloud dependency to your journey?
[1] YES, I can't make a flight to Vienna, and no alternative transportation
to Vienna.
[2] WELL, some alternatives are allowed such as train, bus, own drive to
Vienna.

[Q2] Postpone or keep going in case the current situation is not changed
until the next week ?
[1] Postpone until the cloud is clear (depends Werner can be a host for the
changed date) ->needs to be rescheduled (in May)
[2] Keep going regardless of the condition (surely, non-EU residents can't
make an attendance this time including myself)


Please remark your opinion and reply to chairs directly not mailing-list by
Tuesday (April 20)


Daniel

-- 
Soohong Daniel Park
Samsung Electronics, DMC R&D
http://sites.google.com/site/natpt00 | Twitter@natpt

  _____  

************************************************** This email and any files
transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
email in error, please notify the system manager. This footnote also
confirms that this email message has been swept by the mailgateway
************************************************** 
Received on Tuesday, 20 April 2010 12:06:37 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 20 April 2010 12:06:38 GMT