W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > April 2010

F2F next week and the ash cloud condition

From: Daniel Park <soohongp@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:10:36 +0900
Message-ID: <m2tf7c7d76e1004181910vefde7a0aheacf5dfb0cfab3d4@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Hello folks,

We decided not to have a call this week. The F2F is in next week, but I am
not sure if all participants can make a safe flight to Vienna due to the ash
cloud in EU. As of today, all of flights for EU are cancelled in my country.
Not so much different in others conturies in my feeling. Also, Werner who is
a host of our F2f in Vienna is still waiting for his flight in US.

Now we have a time before boarding, but also I believe we should think about
that situation seriously.

Let me ask a couple of questions like below
(NOTE: It's not an official voting, rather just glancing at the current
situation within the group before the F2F in EU]

*[Q1] The ash cloud dependency to your journey?*
[1] YES, I can't make a flight to Vienna, and no alternative transportation
to Vienna.
[2] WELL, some alternatives are allowed such as train, bus, own drive to
Vienna.

*[Q2] Postpone or keep going in case the current situation is not changed
until the next week ?*
[1] Postpone until the cloud is clear (depends Werner can be a host for the
changed date) ->needs to be rescheduled (in May)
[2] Keep going regardless of the condition (surely, non-EU residents can't
make an attendance this time including myself)


Please remark your opinion and reply to chairs directly not mailing-list by
Tuesday (April 20)


Daniel

-- 
Soohong Daniel Park
Samsung Electronics, DMC R&D
http://sites.google.com/site/natpt00 | Twitter@natpt
Received on Monday, 19 April 2010 02:11:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 19 April 2010 02:11:09 GMT