W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > March 2009

minutes of 2009-03-31 teleconference

From: Pierre-Antoine Champin <pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:34:41 +0100
Message-ID: <49D21BF1.2030605@liris.cnrs.fr>
To: Media Annotation <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
All,

the minutes of today's telecon are available at
http://www.w3.org/2009/03/31-mediaann-minutes.html
and below as text.

  pa

PS: I would have made a few minor changes, but it seems that I am not
allowed to PUT on the server (IE rather than member?)

-----------
W3C
- DRAFT -
MAWG
31 Mar 2009

See also: IRC log
Attendees

Present
    veronique, pierre_antoine, joakim, raphael, tobias, werner, wonsuk,
hui, felix, daniel
Regrets
    Chris, Felix
Chair
    Joakim
Scribe
    Pierre-Antoine, pchampin

Contents

    * Topics
         1. minutes approval
         2. action items
         3. Updating of UC&Req documents
         4. mapping table
         5. reviewing the mapping table
         6. toy implementation
    * Summary of Action Items





<joakim> Scribe: Pierre-Antoine

<joakim> http://www.w3.org/2009/03/24-mediaann-minutes.html

<pchampin> scribe: pchampin
minutes approval

minutes approved

joachim: last meeting before F2F

<joakim> who is shepazu please?

<joakim> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
action items

about action 54: Véronique will submit the UC to the list within next week

scribe: if this is of interest to the WG

joachim: think it is interesting (lifecycle)

about action 94: should be re-assigned to Joachim

close action 95

close Action-95

<trackbot> ACTION-95 Invite david to the phone conference closed

close Action-96

<trackbot> ACTION-96 Update the Media Ontology 1.0 draft closed

Joachim: sent the Media Ontology draft to the mailing list

close Action-97

<trackbot> ACTION-97 Send a mail to ask if people would like to see QT
and iTunes to be included in the short list of formats closed

about action 98: Thierry sent a mail to the list, some people
(Véronique, Felix) replied

scribe: so if nobody else had comment, we can consider there is a consensus

close Action-98

<trackbot> ACTION-98 Ask the group for consensus on publishing the new
version of the requirements draft closed

<joakim>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0111.html

<daniel> ACTION ITEM 94 is changed to Joakim
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/94

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - ITEM
Updating of UC&Req documents

Véronique: asking for approval on the mailing list will reach more
people than asking at the F2F

<joakim> +1 for remove the mobile uc

<VeroniqueM> +1

<wonsuk> +1

<wbailer> +1

Véronique: how is the media ontology relevant to the "User generated
metadata"?

pchampin: anything in user-generated metadata which fit in the
media-ontology will benefit users from the point of view of interoperability
mapping table

<joakim>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0047.html

Joakim: mail from Felix, we have to agree on the table before publishing

<raphael>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0062.html

raphael: this has been solved, (see URL above)

<fsasaki> felix (reading IRC) agrees with raphael

raphael: provided the appropriate warning about the status of this
table, it is ok to publish it

joakim: Thierry did the conversion from XLS to HTML. Who will do that now?

Wonsuk: will try

<joakim>
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-req/mediaont-req.html

<joakim>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0043.html
reviewing the mapping table

some challengers and version numbers are still missing

raphael: I put my name on the table, but I don't know where to start
... what kind of assessment should we provide?
... should we provide it on the mailing list or in the wiki?

Joakim: a lot of mapping, so on the Wiki seems better

tobias: directly in the mapping table would be more convenient

joakim: will add columns in the stylesheet after F2F

How could we find missing challengers?

<raphael> could we put an action on Joakim to update the link of the
sources on which we will assess the mappings ?

daniel: should contact everyone that could be a challenger

<raphael> when this action is due ?

<raphael> no dates for *my* actions, means no work :-(

publication of the media ontology due to 28-04-2009

mapping reviews due to 14-04-2009 (before F2F)

<raphael> thanks

<raphael> you can't asign an action to ALL for the tracker at least
toy implementation

Véronique: our proposal is not an implementation per se, rather a
modelling based on SKOS that could back an implementation

daniel: required guidelines from people having done a toy implementation

joakim: what was the main goal of toy implementations?

<raphael> I think the toy implementations are meant to help designing
both the ontology and the API

<raphael> pchampin: toy implementation to help seing which annotation
properties will be used, help for selection

pchampin: and to validate which parts of the ontology and the API would
*actually* be implemented

<VeroniqueM> and they are about using the ontology too, in my opinion,
right?

joakim: the findings of implementors should probably be reported back to
the mailing list

daniel: no feedback from volunteers except Véronique and Tobias, so we
should double check with the other volunteers

<scribe> ACTION: daniel to send an e-mail to volunteer implementors to
request feedback [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2009/03/31-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - daniel

<raphael> trackbot, status?

<raphael> ACTION: Soohong Daniel to send an e-mail to volunteer
implementors to request feedback [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2009/03/31-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-99 - Daniel to send an e-mail to volunteer
implementors to request feedback [on Soohong Daniel Park - due 2009-04-07].

<Zakim> raphael, you wanted to ask what's the output from Vero/Tobias,
re: implementation

<raphael>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0122.html

pchampin: was expecting feedback on my implementation about the design
decisions from the other people

<tobias> this is the email which initiated the thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0067.html

raphael: 2 ways of solving the problems about syntactical issue
... either focusing at the semantic level (e.g. firstName subPropertyOf
name), or at the syntactical level (e.g. provide mechanisms to transform
the values)

<shepazu> apologies... I had the telcon scheduled for an hour later

raphael: the purpose of the mapping should be only at the semantic level
... managing the syntactical discrepancies in the API is not too hard

joakim: somebody should take the responsibility to collect experience
from the implentors

pchampin: not sure of the form this collected experience should take,
but I can try

raphael: is there an agenda for F2F?
... need to decide on which timeslots I will join

<scribe> ACTION: daniel to draft an agenda for the F2F [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2009/03/31-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - daniel

<raphael> trackbot status

<raphael> trackbot, status?

doug: introduces himself

<raphael> ACTION Soohong Daniel to draft an agenda for the F2F

<trackbot> Created ACTION-100 - Daniel to draft an agenda for the F2F
[on Soohong Daniel Park - due 2009-04-07].

<raphael> adjourned
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: daniel to draft an agenda for the F2F [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2009/03/31-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: daniel to send an e-mail to volunteer implementors to
request feedback [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2009/03/31-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Soohong Daniel to send an e-mail to volunteer implementors
to request feedback [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2009/03/31-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]

[End of minutes]
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/03/31 13:08:44 $
Scribe.perl diagnostic output
[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]

This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: Pierre-Antoine
Found Scribe: pchampin
Inferring ScribeNick: pchampin
Scribes: Pierre-Antoine, pchampin
Default Present: wbailer, veroniqueM, +46.1.07.17.aaaa, wonsuk,
pchampin, tobias, raphael, daniel, Shepazu
Present: veronique pierre_antoine joakim raphael tobias werner wonsuk
hui felix daniel
Regrets: Chris Felix
Got date from IRC log name: 31 Mar 2009
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/03/31-mediaann-minutes.html
People with action items: daniel soohong


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]


Received on Tuesday, 31 March 2009 13:43:42 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 31 March 2009 13:43:43 GMT