Re: about the skos mapping of vocabularies

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:22:01 +0200
To: Tobias BŁrger <tobias.buerger@sti2.at>
CC: Veronique Malaise <vmalaise@few.vu.nl>, public-media-annotation@w3.org
Dear Tobias,

> I think it is definitely worth looking at what the ontology alignment
> people did.
> Perhaps you know this already: I recently came across work on something
> called PSPARQL++ which combines two SPARQL extension for data mediation
> [1]. I however do not know if this already implemented now and what the
> status is. But this is something which could contribute to a solution of
> the mapping PA was asking for.

Yes, thanks, it rings now a bell :-)
Indeed, PSPARQL exactly provides the solution you're looking for. The
mapping can then be reduced to a SPARQL construct.
Regarding implementation, one is available at
http://cesare.inrialpes.fr/psparql/engine.html

Note also that these features are on the wishlist of SPARQL2 ... so we
are not speculating saying it will happen very soon in all SPARQL
end-points!

   RaphaŽl

--
RaphaŽl Troncy