Re: about the skos mapping of vocabularies

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:22:01 +0200
To: Tobias BŁrger <tobias.buerger@sti2.at>
CC: Veronique Malaise <vmalaise@few.vu.nl>, public-media-annotation@w3.org
Dear Tobias,

> I think it is definitely worth looking at what the ontology alignment
> people did.
> Perhaps you know this already: I recently came across work on something
> called PSPARQL++ which combines two SPARQL extension for data mediation
> [1]. I however do not know if this already implemented now and what the
> status is. But this is something which could contribute to a solution of
> the mapping PA was asking for.

Yes, thanks, it rings now a bell :-)
Indeed, PSPARQL exactly provides the solution you're looking for. The
mapping can then be reduced to a SPARQL construct.
Regarding implementation, one is available at

Note also that these features are on the wishlist of SPARQL2 ... so we
are not speculating saying it will happen very soon in all SPARQL

RaphaŽl Troncy
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/