Re: Publishing the Mapping Table (was minutes of 2009-03-10 teleconference)

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 17:00:42 -0700
To: "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
I am trying to come up to speed here, and a recent remark caught my
eye and made me wonder:

are we clear on the purpose of the ontology?  There is a substantial
difference between a one-way mapping:

If you want to know the answer to question X as a string, you can:
   access the ID3 tag I
   find the R aspect of the MPEG-7 construct C
   append F and G from the EXIF meta-data space
   ...and so on...

and two-way mapping:
   R in EXIF can be converted to/from Q in ID3 (most of the time)

If our interest is in the WWW and APIs to access meta-data, the
limited one-way mapping, and the result format, may be of more use to

Sorry if this has already been covered.
David Singer
Multimedia Standards, Apple Inc.