Re: List membership - more women

I participate in this list by reading and don't feel pressure to write
unless I have something to say. (This message is partly because
non-writers to the list were recently excluded from participating in a
poll, so I'm protecting myself for the future.) The point below about
ratio of posters to subscribers is surely correct, and perhaps the
number of regular posters is too small to allow us to draw conclusions
on gender?

The fact that I'm still participating after the quite testing regime of
blast, counterblast and tiresome repetition we've been through recently
shows how valuable I think this list (usually) is. :-)

Kate

--
Kate Byrne
School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh