Re: Updated GeoSpecies Data Set

From: Daniel O'Connor <daniel.oconnor@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:09:22 +1030
To: Peter DeVries <pete.devries@gmail.com>
Cc: public-lod@w3.org
> Are you interested in determining what factors contribute to why a
> particular frog is at one location and not another?
> - Pete

To be honest, I just want to publish a great big well structured blob
of frog data, and I recalled seeing
http://data.gbif.org/species/14067175/ and similar mapped out
'organism sightings'  :)

The frog data seemed a good fit for GBIF.

I'm currently tinkering around with importing it to Freebase (in
progress) and whacking a render-as-RDF page or two up (next on my
list); which is where I figured you'd all be better able to suggest
the right ontologies.