Re: Announce: 4store Amazon Machine Image and Billion Triple Challenge Data Set

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:33:13 -0400
To: Paul Groth <pgroth@gmail.com>
CC: "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>
Paul Groth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As part of our entry to the 2009 Billion Triple Challenge (BTC), we
> have been using two pieces of great infrastructure: Amazon Web
> Services (http://aws.amazon.com) and the quad store - 4store
> (4store.org).  Today, we are making publicly available an Amazon
> Machine Image for 4store. Additionally, we are making an Elastic Block
> Storage snapshot of the BTC dataset (http://vmlion25.deri.ie/) for
> 4store. Thus, developers can easily get started using 4store with a
> billion triples on Amazon's cloud.
>
> Technical details at: http://wp.me/pm8cF-2x
>
> Contact: pgroth@gmail.com
>
> Have fun!
> Paul Groth, Christophe Guéret, Stefan Schlobach
>
> Knowledge Representation and Reasoning Group
> Department of Artificial Intelligence
> Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam

Paul,

I assume you are also aware of the following snapshots re. EC2:

1.
http://www.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtAWSPublicDataSets
-- DBpedia (Virtuoso Cluster and Single Server Editions) + BBC Music &
Programmes

There is also a B3S instance plus sample queries at:
1. http://b3s.openlinksw.com
2. http://b3s.openlinksw.com/sparql

Looking forward to what solutions get knocked up this year. We are just
offering the service, but not participating in the competition etc..

President & CEO