Re: Citation Cluster

I created an illustration that hopefully sheds some light on the model
that we so far had in mind. It is linked in the cluster document [1],
here is the direct link.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14362931/lld/citation.png

I thought about the proper naming of the involved classes and now have
the following three:

BIBLIOGRAPHIC RESOURCE: A book, paper, article, ... publication
REFERENCE: An entry in the bibliography / references of a BIBLIOGRAPHIC
RESOURCE
CITATION: A citation within the text, for example when a direct
quotation is made, linked to a REFERENCE.

As I understand the current discussion, the question is, if the
REFERENCE as an own class is needed, or if we can just represent it as a
Bibliographic Resource, i.e. directly link the cited resource. I think
we need it to organize the citations in a bibliographic resource.

Another question might be, if we want to repeat the bibliographic
information for the reference, if we can directly link the bibliographic
resource that is identified by the reference. One reason might be the
desire to represent the actual information that is found in the
reference list. Of course we could always introduce a Bibliographic
Resource and add the information there. In this case, at a later point
in time a mapping by owl:sameAs could take place. But then it would be
at least difficult to regain the information that was found originally
in the bibliography.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Kai