Re: Section 4: LDPR/non-LDPR formal definitions

On 3/25/13 3:56 PM, Henry Story wrote:

>> >What's an LDP client supposed to do when it sees, say, a document that professes to be an ldp:Container, but is served using text/turtle? I suppose it would have to treat it as an opaque document, and not treat it as an LDP container?
>> >
>> >And what's an LDP server supposed to do when clients ask for text/turtle? Given that content negotiation is optional in LDP (and should remain so, to keep minimalistic servers possible), I suppose that many LDP server would have to refuse the request?
>> >
>> >The result would be that you're bifurcating the RDF world into a part that only handles text/ldp+turtle, and another part that only handles text/turtle, for no good reason.
>> >
>> >In reality, clients would probably tend to ignore the media type coming from the server, because of misconfigured servers that send text/ldp+turtle when they should send text/turtle, or vice versa.
>> >
>> >I don't see how anybody wins in this scenario.
> +1000

-1000

It isn't a win or lose thing. It called taking a hit for the greater good.

If Erik is okay, which I believe he is, then I genuinely believe we have
a solution that addresses a broad profile of participants in this
endeavor. We also address a fundamental problem that dogs RDF re. clarity.

RDF suffers from an over conflated narrative. This has been an ongoing
problem for too many years.

Anything the broadens the membership of RDF based Linked Data
appreciators is +1000 to me :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen