Re: Section 4: LDPR/non-LDPR formal definitions

On 25 Mar 2013, at 20:32, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> Methinks, existing implementers of RDF based Linked Data solutions (relatively few in the grand scheme of things) are best positioned to compromise in this particular scenario.

Who, besides implementers of RDF based Linked Data solutions, cares about the text/turtle media type anyway?

What I'm hearing is that all current users of text/turtle should abandon text/turtle (or only use it in some hypothetical non-linked-data way), and they all should use text/ldp+turtle instead, because there is so much confusion around text/turtle.

This is burning down the house because we're too lazy to do the dishes.

Best,
Richard

> Links:
>
> 1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp/2013Mar/0036.html -- outlining the expected behavior for RESTafari and RDF heavy types.
> 2. http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html -- TimBL's Linked Data meme.
>>
>> Best,
>> Richard
>
> Kingsley
>>

>>> A media type for RDF based Linked Data is more explicit than existing media types such as text/turtle, application/rdf+xml etc..
>>>
>>> Linked Data is about a combined *application* of RESTful data interaction patterns and the RDF model for expressing and representing entity relationship semantics (some call this the RBox), entity types (some call this the Tbox), and entity instances (some call this the ABox).
>>>
>>> As I've said before [1], there is a little grey area that is easily addressed via a media- or content-type for RDF based Linked Data.
>>>
>>> RDF based Linked Data basic behavior is simple: URIs resolve to Documents that Describe what said URI denotes (i.e, the aforementioned URI's referent).
>>>
>>> RDF != Linked Data and this fact is something we can't skirt around. It bites on both sides i.e., it hurts RDF believers and non believers alike, as these recursive threads demonstrate.
>>>
>>> The rules for RDF based Linked Data are simple:
>>>
>>> 1. URIs denote entities
>>> 2. URIs resolve to Entity Description Documents
>>> 3. Entity Description Documents are comprised of Entity Relationship Graph based Content
>>> 4. Entity Relationship Graph based content is constrained by the RDF Data Model
>>> 5. The RDF Model enables the construction of Entity Relationship Graph based content endowed with explicit (rather than implicit) machine-readable Entity Relationship Semantics