Re: Indie UI Repository structure

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:13:13 +0900, Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net> wrote:

> Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> It has been proposed that the version identifier be dropped as a
>> containing folder. I don't yet have the knowledge of Mercurial to
>> understand if we can maintain a clear relationship between branches and
>> W3C versions.
>
> I am much more familiar with Git than with Mercurial, though they are
> similar
> in broad outline.
>
> A further issue to consider is whether scripts are executed when a
> commit is
> made that update the editor's draft on the W3C site, and, more
> generally, how
> the repository is tied to the W3C's publication process. This may affect
> branch structure, e.g., if commits made to the master branch result in
> automatic publication within working group Web space, which is how the
> W3C's
> CVS repository used to work when I was an editor.

If you create a named branch that corresponds to the W3C version, it
should be accessible
using the following URL syntax:

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/[repository_name]/raw-file/[branch_name]/[filename]

As a example, Touch Events Version 1 can be accessed with the following

(I can help with the branch setup after a draft is in place if needed)

--
Sangwhan Moon, Opera Software ASA
"Sent from my computer"