Re: Indie UI Repository structure

Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org> wrote:

> It has been proposed that the version identifier be dropped as a
> containing folder. I don't yet have the knowledge of Mercurial to
> understand if we can maintain a clear relationship between branches and
> W3C versions.

I am much more familiar with Git than with Mercurial, though they are similar
in broad outline.

A further issue to consider is whether scripts are executed when a commit is
made that update the editor's draft on the W3C site, and, more generally, how
the repository is tied to the W3C's publication process. This may affect
branch structure, e.g., if commits made to the master branch result in
automatic publication within working group Web space, which is how the W3C's
CVS repository used to work when I was an editor.