W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > July to September 2007

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2007-09-12

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:17:27 +0900
Message-ID: <46E80307.1000002@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org

... are at http://www.w3.org/2007/09/12-i18nits-minutes.html and below 
as text.

Felix

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                              i18n ITS WG

12 Sep 2007

   [2]Agenda

      [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0025.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/09/12-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Jirka, Felix, Christian

   Regrets
          Yves

   Chair
          Felix

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]W3C Work or other work for ITS
         3. [7]BP for this week
         4. [8]Other business
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

action items

   ACTION-1 draft general section about extending/customizing schemas -
   ongoing

   [10]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   093.html

     [10] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0093.html

   [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   094.html

     [11] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0094.html

   (discussing proposal of Jirka to add NVDL into this section)

   Christian will rework the section based on Jirkas and Felix
   feedkback

   Felix proposes mentioning NVDL in the list of schema languages, but
   making its status as a "meta" language clear

   We will gather links to material (e.g. books and tutorials) on
   specific schema languages

   We will add a health warning like "You need such material to really
   work on schema modularization, this document (XML 1i8n BP) is not
   enough for that

   related topic of NVDL example, see
   [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   094.html

     [12] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0094.html

   discussion on if we should have susubbsections on schema
   modularizations in sec. 5

   e.g. 5.1.2 for XHTML+NVDL

   agreement on this proposal, related AI for Jirka

   <scribe> ACTION: Jirka to create NVDL subsubsections in sec. 5, e.g.
   XHTML+NVDL [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-20 - Create NVDL subsubsections in sec.
   5, e.g. XHTML+NVDL [on Jirka Kosek - due 2007-09-19].

   ACTION-3 pending

   ACTION-4 Of BP document to change the descriptions of ITS+existing
   schemas to say that there is no need to have ITS attributes for
   existing markup, and have association rules instead

   <scribe> new due date 27 September

   ACTION-5 Markup "HEBREW TEXT, W3C" as an example

   [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   069.html

     [14] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0069.html

   references proposed by Martin
   [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   080.html

     [15] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0080.html

   Felix describes the thread

   no objections on the call to these changes, green light to Yves to
   make (or finalize) all modifications

   close ACTION-5

   ACTION-6 pending

   ACTION-11 still waiting for reply

   ACTION-14 pending

   ACTION-15 waiting for reply

   ACTION-18 done

   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   073.html

     [16] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0073.html

   [17]http://www.langtag.net/ (BCP 47 implementations)

     [17] http://www.langtag.net/

   discussion about whether BCP 47 is applied in other scenarios, some
   information available on that from
   [18]http://www.bortzmeyer.org/gabuzomeu-parsing-language-tags.html

     [18] http://www.bortzmeyer.org/gabuzomeu-parsing-language-tags.html

   ACTION-19 ongoing

W3C Work or other work for ITS

   no new LCs, no news on XLIFF, SRX, SMIL3

   EMMA

   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   068.html

     [19] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0068.html

   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-multimodal/2007Aug/0005.
   html

     [20] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-multimodal/2007Aug/0005.html

   [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-multimodal/2007Aug/att-0
   005/EMMA_and_ITS.html

     [21] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-multimodal/2007Aug/att-0005/EMMA_and_ITS.html

   [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   092.html

     [22] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0092.html

   agreement to send
   [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   092.html as an answer, WG might give additinonal input until Friday
   this week

     [23] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0092.html

BP for this week

   Best Practice 16: Specify text directionality if needed

   modification of Yves of BP 16 taking discussion into account is
   [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   091.html

     [24] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0091.html

   everybody on the call is fine with Yves modifications described in
   0091 mail

   Best Practice 17: Override translatability information if needed

   [25]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#AuthTransOver

     [25] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#AuthTransOver

   [26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   084.html

     [26] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0084.html

   everybody on the call is fine with BP 17

   Best Practice 18: Assign unique identifiers to text items when
   possible

   [27]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#AuthUniqueID

     [27] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#AuthUniqueID

   [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   074.html

     [28] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0074.html

   everybody agrees with the "BP alignment proposal" in thread
   [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   074.html , related AI for Yves below

     [29] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0074.html

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to align BP 9 and BP 18, taking thread
   [30]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   074.html into account [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

     [30] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0074.html

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-21 - Align BP 9 and BP 18, taking
   thread
   [32]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   074.html into account [on Yves Savourel - due 2007-09-19].

     [32] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0074.html

   Best Practice 19: Avoid CDATA sections when possible

   [33]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#AuthCDATA

     [33] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#AuthCDATA

   [34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   076.html

     [34] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0076.html

   [35]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   082.html

     [35] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0082.html

   [36]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   085.html

     [36] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0085.html

   agreement that we should have 2 BP, one on CDATA issues, one on
   non-XML data embedded in XML. Proposal to have an AI for Yves to
   take
   [37]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   082.html thread into account and to work on these BPs

     [37] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0082.html

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to work on 2 BP, one on CDATA issues, one on
   non-XML data embedded in XML, and to take
   [38]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   082.html thread into account [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

     [38] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0082.html

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-22 - Work on 2 BP, one on CDATA issues,
   one on non-XML data embedded in XML, and to take
   [40]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   082.html thread into account [on Yves Savourel - due 2007-09-19].

     [40] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0082.html

Other business

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Jirka to create NVDL subsubsections in sec. 5, e.g.
   XHTML+NVDL [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to align BP 9 and BP 18, taking thread
   [42]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   074.html into account [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to work on 2 BP, one on CDATA issues, one on
   non-XML data embedded in XML, and to take
   [44]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   082.html thread into account [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

     [42] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0074.html
     [44] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0082.html

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [46]scribe.perl version 1.128
    ([47]CVS log)
    $Date: 2007/09/12 15:14:41 $

     [46] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [47] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 12 September 2007 15:17:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:09 UTC