W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > April to June 2007

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2007-06-27

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 00:04:59 +0900
Message-ID: <46827C9B.5090204@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org

... are at http://www.w3.org/2007/06/27-i18nits-minutes.html and below 
as text.

Felix


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                              i18n ITS WG

27 Jun 2007

   [2]Agenda

      [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0057.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/06/27-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Christian, Felix, Yves

   Regrets
          Jirka

   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]Reviewing W3C Work or other work for ITS
         3. [7]Asking for comments to the W3C internationalization
            mailing list
         4. [8]BP discussion
         5. [9]ITS errata
         6. [10]BP 8
         7. [11]AOB
         8. [12]open office in ITS
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to tweak XSLT to generate automatic example
   numbering and titleing (DONE) [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to check specref for references to examples
   (DONE) [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   Felix: two AIs are the same

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to provide mail about applying ITS in
   OpenOffice (DONE) [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

   Yves: feel free to add your own comments

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to rewrite the definition of the rule in
   example 13 (DONE) [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

   Yves: looks like the other examples, just changing bullets

Reviewing W3C Work or other work for ITS

   Yves: started on XForms rules, not much to do
   ... post this later

   Felix: no new W3C LC drafts

   no news on XLIFF / SRX

   Christian: OASIS will request further comments, and we should be
   able to comment again
   ... if we comment now, it would be better

   Yves: is there s.t. we should comment on?

   Christian: not from an ITS perspective

Asking for comments to the W3C internationalization mailing list

   proposal from Felix

   Yves: we should not request comments on the item we are working, but
   the ones we worked on a week before

   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/

     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/

   Felix: need to make sure that people from the WG are available to
   answer on comments
   ... we can send out a notice of the new public WD, with a note on
   what to comment on

   Yves: I think the first 6 are stable

   Felix: agree

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to send out a request for comments on BP 1-6
   after BP WD publication to the www-international list [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   <YvesS>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#DevRuby

     [20] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#DevRuby

BP discussion

   <YvesS>
   [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0
   070.html

     [21] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0070.html

   Felix: fine with Yves's reply to my mail

   Christian: agree as well

   <YvesS>
   [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0
   071.html

     [22] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0071.html

   Yves: pointer to ruby spec proposed by Felix

   <YvesS> If you are working with an existing DTD or schema where
   there is a way to specify ruby text, for example the Ruby spec, you
   should provide an ITS rules document where you use the its:rubyRule
   element to associate your ruby markup with its equivalent in ITS

   Yves: Christian mentioned that W3C ruby annotation and its:ruby are
   kind of contradictory. Proposal from Yves to resolve this above

   Christian, Felix: +1 to Yves proposal

   Yves: issue of "ruby for translatable text"
   ... propose to leave generic text

   Christian: agree

   Yves: Christian's comment 2

   <YvesS> [23]http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-ruby

     [23] http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-ruby

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to work on "why do this" section for BP 7
   [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

   Yves: agree with Christian proposal 4

   Felix: +1

ITS errata

   [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0
   057.html

     [25] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0057.html

   Felix: we need to add the xml:lang declaration to all schemas

   RESOLUTION: agreement on adding xml:lang change to the errata list

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to update the errata list [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

BP 8

   <YvesS>
   [27]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#DevLocNote

     [27] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#DevLocNote

   Yves: agree with Felix proposal at
   [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0
   069.html

     [28] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0069.html

   Christian: +1

   Yves: Christian's comments at
   [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0
   072.html

     [29] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0072.html

   Yves, Felix: agreement with comment 1

   comment 2 proposal (modification):

   "Make also sure that the its:rules element is available in the
   document or a separate file"

   agreement on the change

   Yves: I'll modify BP 8
   ... still need additional references

AOB

   Yves: proposal to cancel next two meetings

   [30]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0
   044.html

     [30] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007AprJun/0044.html

   (rescheduling necessary)

   Yves: I sent a mail with the new schedule

open office in ITS

   see [31]http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=75616

     [31] http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=75616

   "I currently don't see an advantage in the short term as all
   resource file types + extractor/merger have to be heavy modified to
   support this"

   unclear about meaning of reply

   discussion on how to continue on getting OO to use ITS

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to send out a request for comments on BP 1-6
   after BP WD publication to the www-international list [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to update the errata list [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to work on "why do this" section for BP 7
   [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to check specref for references to examples
   [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to tweak XSLT to generate automatic example
   numbering and titleing [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to provide mail about applying ITS in OpenOffice
   [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to rewrite the definition of the rule in example
   13 [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2007/06/27-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [39]scribe.perl version 1.128
    ([40]CVS log)
    $Date: 2007/06/27 15:03:42 $

     [39] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [40] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 27 June 2007 15:05:14 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:49 GMT