W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > July to September 2006

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2006-07-26

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 03:20:44 +0900
Message-ID: <44C7B27C.5030801@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org
... are at http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-minutes.html

and below as text.


Felix



   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                        i18n ITS working group

26 Jul 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0097.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Andrzej, Christian, Felix, Richard, Yves

   Regrets
   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3499
         2. [6]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3500
         3. [7]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3501
         4. [8]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3503
         5. [9]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3504
         6. [10]topic:
            http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3505
         7. [11]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3506
         8. [12]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3507
         9. [13]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3508
        10. [14]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3509
        11. [15]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3510
        12. [16]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3511
        13. [17]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3512
        14. [18]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3513
        15. [19]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3514
        16. [20]xml lang case
     * [21]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <scribe> agenda:
   [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0
   097.html

     [22]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0097.html

[23]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3499

     [23] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3499

   Yves: editorial issue, see no problem

   Richard: "as for" means "in contrast to"
   ... it should be "for global rules" or just "global rules"

   Andrzej: "as for" is completely redundant and confusing

[24]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3500

     [24] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3500

   Yves: you don't want to have mixed directionality with language

   <YvesS> quote[@direction='rtlText']

   Richard: the example should be changed
   ... the xpath expression could be different

   Yves: we need to redo the example

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to redo example for
   [25]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3500 recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

     [25] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3500

[27]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3501

     [27] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3501

   Yves: you were asking for some hebrew text
   ... should we have a Hebrew quotation?

   Richard: yes
   ... we say that we apply an dir attribute to a specific piece of
   text
   ... I use examples like "the title is 'W3C'"
   ... that is more complicated than that you have here
   ... but it is the what we need

   Yves: also related to
   [28]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3502
   ... we should redo the example

     [28] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3502

   Felix: fine by me

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to redo the example for
   [29]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3501 and
   [30]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3502 recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

     [29] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3501
     [30] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3502

[32]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3503

     [32] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3503

   Richard: it suggests that you refer to the articles

   Yves: the editors to look how to fit that in

   <scribe> ACTION: editors to add a reference as proposed by
   [33]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3503 recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

     [33] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3503

[35]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3504

     [35] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3504

   Richard: you would always want to use the rp element

   Felix: fine with me

   <scribe> ACTION: editors to implement
   [36]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3504 recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

     [36] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3504

topic: [38]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3505

     [38] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3505

   Yves: fine by me

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to create a Japanese example for
   [39]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3505 recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

     [39] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3505

[41]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3506

     [41] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3506

   Yves: fine by me

[42]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3507

     [42] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3507

   <AZ> My connection dropped

   Yves: everbody o.k. with that

[43]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3508

     [43] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3508

   Yves: example 32

   Richard: should its:rules be in the head?

   Yves: not necessarily, but it might be
   ... but that proposal is fine

[44]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3509

     [44] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3509

   Richard describes the issues, Andrzej agrees

   Felix: agree with having 6.1 in the sub sections of 6
   ... but 5.1 is generated automatically from the subsection in 6
   ... we could have the appropriate descriptions after the productions
   in the subsections
   ... and get rid of sec. 5.1?

   Richard: you could have 5.1 as an appendix

   Felix: with links from the appendix to the data category sub section
   ... for the reading purpose which Richard described

   Richard: If you do one small section and show me how that would be

   Felix: o.k.

   <scribe> ACTION: felix to implement
   [45]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3509 as an example
   [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

     [45] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3509

   Richard: should we have the table in 6.1 in the appendix?
   ... just a question

   Felix: it's fine to have both, in the appendix and in the text

   Richard: we don't need an appendix if we have 6.1 also

   Yves: an appendix would be redundant

[47]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3510

     [47] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3510

   Richard describes the issue

   Richard: it's about 5.3.1

   Felix: would having the list of pointer attributes be o.k.?

   Richard: that was my initial thought

   Christian: we could say in the basic concepts section s.t. about our
   naming convention
   ... in addition to 5.3.1

   Yves: we need to enumerate things in 5.3.1
   ... Christian proposes s.t. for the basic concepts section about
   "pointer" attributes and also "ref" attributes

[48]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3511

     [48] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3511

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to implement
   [49]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3511 recorded in
   [50]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

     [49] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3511

[51]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3512

     [51] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3512

   Yves: I'll take that into account then I redo the example

[52]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3513

     [52] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3513

   Felix: this needs just a clarification, right?

   Richard: yes
   ... drop the description or add more clarification

   Felix: we need to clarify that you can have external rules without
   an its:rules element in the target document

   Yves: so replace the current text with a paragraph about that?

   Felix: fine by me

   <scribe> ACTION: yves to write a paragraph about associating
   external rules with files for bug
   [53]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3513 recorded in
   [54]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]

     [53] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3513

[55]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3514

     [55] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3514

   Yves and Richard go through the bug

   Richard: the local attributes are not in the list

   Felix: maybe this: "Attributes inherited from [att.translate
   att.locInfo att.term att.dir]"

   Richard: no, you can also use the attributes with other elements
   ... so we need to have another list for local attributes

   <AZ> I had to go

   yves: will we have the local attributes in the appendix

   Richard: would be good

   felix: agree

xml lang case

   <YvesS>
   [56]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&
   order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=ITS

     [56]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=ITS

   <YvesS>
   [57]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action03

     [57] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/21-i18nits-minutes.html#action03

   <YvesS>
   [58]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0
   121.html

     [58]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0121.html

   <YvesS>
   [59]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0
   162.html

     [59]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0162.html

   Yves: we don't mention xml:lang anywhere , and we wanted to fix that

   Richard: where should it be?

   Felix: I have no preference

   Yves: I am fine with Felix proposal
   ... and would make the changes I proposed at
   [60]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0
   162.html
   ... should some information from Felix mail in the language
   information section?

     [60]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0162.html

   Richard: could be

   discussion whether langRule MUST NOT be used for pointing to
   xml:lang

   Yves: it does not hurt if you point to xml:lang with a langRule
   element
   ... should we have to test s.t. for xml:lang?

   discussion on whether xml:lang has to be recognized by ITS
   processing or not

   Yves: all agree that the paragraph that felix wrote should be in the
   draft
   ... we have to see whether there are any normative, testable parts
   of that

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: editors to add a reference as proposed by
   [61]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3503 recorded in
   [62]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: editors to implement
   [63]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3504 recorded in
   [64]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to create a Japanese example for
   [65]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3505 recorded in
   [66]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: felix to implement
   [67]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3509 as an example
   [recorded in
   [68]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to implement
   [69]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3511 recorded in
   [70]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to redo example for
   [71]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3500 recorded in
   [72]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to redo the example for
   [73]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3501 and
   [74]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3502 recorded in
   [75]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: yves to write a paragraph about associating external
   rules with files for bug
   [76]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3513 recorded in
   [77]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]

     [61] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3503
     [63] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3504
     [65] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3505
     [67] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3509
     [69] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3511
     [71] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3500
     [73] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3501
     [74] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3502
     [76] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3513

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [78]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([79]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/07/26 18:18:51 $

     [78] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [79] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Wednesday, 26 July 2006 18:20:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:08 UTC