W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > November 2012

HTML Microdata: Note vs Recommendation Track - Call for Rationale Statements

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 09:53:26 -0500
Message-ID: <50B4D3E6.1080308@intertwingly.net>
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>
On 11/25/2012 08:40 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 11/25/2012 04:34 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
>> On 11/25/2012 11:38 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:
>>>
>>> Note that this is not a W3C formal objection at this point. This
>>> is an objection to publish Microdata along the Recommendation
>>> track. This objection will become an official W3C formal objection
>>> if the HTML Working Group continues down the path to Recommendation
>>> with Microdata. The formal objection will not be filed if a
>>> decision is made to publish the Microdata specification as a W3C
>>> Note.
>>
>> If you would like the WG to make a formal decision as to whether this
>> particular document is to be pursued on the Recommendation Track or
>> Note Track, I would encourage you to follow the following process:
>>
>> http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy-v3.html#note-vs-rec
>
> I request that the WG make a formal decision on this. I have filed a bug:
>
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20082
>
> Assuming that the editor responds in the way that I expect him to
> respond (no change necessary), I request that the bug is escalated to a
> Tracker Issue.

At this point, we have a bug, a resolution, and request for escalation. 
  The next step is a call for Rationale statements.  The process allows 
for a month for such to be prepared, but it appears to me that we have 
Rationale already provided by both sides of this issue:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Nov/0177.html
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20082#c4

Unless there are any objections, I would prefer that we proceed to a 
Preference Survey starting no earlier than 4 December.  If anybody 
believes that they need more time to refine their rationale, please 
state your intent to do so before this date and indicate how long you 
feel you need.  Alternately, feel free to propose replacements for these 
rationales as these links will be included in the Preference Survey itself.

- Sam Ruby

> -- manu
>
Received on Tuesday, 27 November 2012 14:53:55 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 November 2012 14:53:55 GMT