Re: CfC: Request transition of HTML Microdata to Candidate Recommendation

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 16:58:17 +0200
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> RDFa 1.1 became an official W3C Recommendation
> last summer.

I object to using “we wrote our stuff down first” as an argument
against speccing something else. That line of argument leads to
badness such as arguing that SVG should align the meaning of "_self"
with WebCGM.

> Microdata would have easily been dead in the water had it not been for
> two simple facts

Data point: The Microdata API has shipped in Firefox, in Opera and of
WebKit-based browsers at least in Dolphin Beta for Android.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi