Re: CfC: Request transition of HTML Microdata to Candidate Recommendation

Maybe a bit late, but I agree with the objection by Manu Sporny.

It does not help to have two standards for the same purpose but only
leads to confusion.

Or does anyone here think that creating an ISO standard for Office Open
XML in addition to the the ISO standard for Open Document Format was a
good thing? (Representatives of Microsoft please do not raise your hands
:-)

Cheers,
Andreas
---