Re: CfC: Request transition of HTML Microdata to Candidate Recommendation

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 20:40:29 -0500
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On 11/25/2012 04:34 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> On 11/25/2012 11:38 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:
>> Note that this is not a W3C formal objection at this point. This
>> is an objection to publish Microdata along the Recommendation
>> track. This objection will become an official W3C formal objection
>> if the HTML Working Group continues down the path to Recommendation
>> with Microdata. The formal objection will not be filed if a
>> decision is made to publish the Microdata specification as a W3C
>> Note.
> If you would like the WG to make a formal decision as to whether this
> particular document is to be pursued on the Recommendation Track or
> Note Track, I would encourage you to follow the following process:
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy-v3.html#note-vs-rec

I request that the WG make a formal decision on this. I have filed a bug:

Assuming that the editor responds in the way that I expect him to
respond (no change necessary), I request that the bug is escalated to a
Tracker Issue.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: The Problem with RDF and Nuclear Power