Re: Draft HTML5 licensing survey

From: Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 15:51:46 +0100
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>, Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, "Sam Ruby (rubys@intertwingly.net)" <rubys@intertwingly.net>
On 25/04/11 04:33, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> In this case, I have relevant first-hand knowledge. Specifically, I
> expect poll survey from Apple representatives would support an MIT
> license but not CC0.

Are you able to say why that is?

I would add our voice to those requesting additional options in the
poll, given that they seem to reflect the actual opinion of a number of
participants. If Apple which to say yes to MIT and no to CC0, it doesn't
seem to me to be technically or organizationally complicated to have
both options.

These licences are widely used enough that I suspect involved companies
have legal understanding of them already, so little further work would
be required.

Gerv