Re: sections removed, current and ongoing

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Laura Carlson
<laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jonas,
>
>> I just looked into tweaking the email preferences of my bugzilla
>> account such that I would receive emails for all bugs...
>
>> Unfortunately it seems like the installed bugzilla version is too old
>> to make this possible.
>
> I've been receiving all of them. See
> http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/3.0/html/userpreferences.html#emailpreferences

This only lets you receive emails for bugs that you already have a
relationship with. I.e. where you are the bug reporter, are cc'ed,
have voted for the bug, etc.

> Mike's post's when he set up Bugzilla:
>
> Why public-html-bugzilla@w3.org? Why bugzilla?
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jun/0212.html
>
> notification of new bugzilla issues Cc'ed here
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jun/0216.html
>
> responding to bugzilla: Do's and Don'ts
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jun/0217.html
>
> Re: responding to bugzilla: Do's and Don'ts
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jun/0222.html
>
> Also W3C HTML WG Email Lists:
> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/EmailLists

None of this appears to describe a way to receive emails for all
technical discussions taking place in bugzilla.

However it appears possible to subscribe to the public-html-bugzilla
list. The lack of a subscribe button on http://lists.w3.org/ made me
think that that was disabled.

So if anyone wants to receive emails for all technical discussions
happening in this working group you currently need to also send an
email to:

public-html-bugzilla-request@w3.org

with the subject "subscribe". It still seem very strange to me that
we're splitting up technical discussions between bugzilla and the
public-html mailing list where they traditionally always have taken
place. It seems to me that we should pick one or the other.

/ Jonas