Re: Removing Sections

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 17:37:00 +0100
To: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
Shelley Powers wrote:
> This process was actually according to the procedure established for
> this group. I filed a bug and Ian agreed with me.
>
> However, if I remember correctly in some of the emails when we were
> discussing the procedure, if someone other than the filer of the bug
> disagrees with the author's change, they can also escalate the
> decision to the issue tracker.
>
> Co-chairs?

I agree that it's OK according to the decision policy, but it certainly
violates the principle of least surprise. These bugs have been open for
a long time, and we were *relying* on it being hard to resolve those :-)

So, jokes aside, when large sections just go away it would really be
nice to get an announcement before things just happen.

Best regards, Julian