Re: Removing Sections

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> although I think that removing things often *is* the right thing do, I'm a
> bit surprised that apparently now lots of stuff gets removed without any
> prior discussion.
>
> Just seen on IRC:
>
> # # [16:55] <jgraham> Details got removed? Sigh. Do I have to write a change
> proposal or something to get it back?
> # # [16:57] <jgraham> Or can we get it back as part of the dd/dt thing
> without a seperate change proposal
>
> <http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20100108#l-505>
>
> I don't think we necessarily need change proposals, WG polls and so on, but
> *maybe* it would be better if there was a simple proposal in an email with a
> call for lazy consensus in these cases.
>
> Best regards, Julian

This process was actually according to the procedure established for
this group. I filed a bug and Ian agreed with me.

However, if I remember correctly in some of the emails when we were
discussing the procedure, if someone other than the filer of the bug
disagrees with the author's change, they can also escalate the
decision to the issue tracker.

Co-chairs?

Shelley