Re: Removing Sections

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 11:07:31 -0600
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> So, jokes aside, when large sections just go away it would really be nice to
> get an announcement before things just happen.

Exactly.  The bug database is somewhat hidden away - we don't even get
an email to the list when new bugs get added, just when certain
attributes get changed.  Having at least some discussion on the list
allows those of us who don't have the time to manage the 3+
asynchronous discussion areas for HTML the ability to comment on it
and provide rationale.

Most changes that go through the bug database don't need such; they're
either minor or technical.  Bugs being rejected similarly don't need
such, as the submitted can then bring it up themselves, as they're
following the bug.  But when a change like this occurs on a bug with
no discussion whatsoever, it's jarring.

Having to go through the rigamarole of raising issues which create a
disproportionate amount of work for the WG is definitely suboptimal.

~TJ