Re: no change proposal for ISSUE-55, but a new plan for @profile

From: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 16:19:06 -0800
To: Krzysztof Maczyński <1981km@gmail.com>
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, public-html@w3.org
2010/2/19 Krzysztof Maczyński <1981km@gmail.com>:
> Hi, Julian!
>
> Thanks for your proposal and building a consensus already from 3 individuals of usually so diverse opinions.
>
> I support this direction and I believe it has a potential of making much more sense than what's in current standards and what various work items in progress have attempted.

Thanks for your kind words Krzysztof. I do think there is much
potential in this consensus.

> I've got two questions to begin with:
> 1. Is there a spec and support elsewhere than in the Microformats community for the idea that profile attributes may affect semantics of classes?

If you hear of any please let me know. I believe microformats.org
pioneered the use of formally globally shared semantics for classes
and don't know of any other communities doing so - hopefully if anyone
else does wish so, they can make use of the processes, mechanisms, and
resources of the microformats community.

> 2. Why would sections 2 and 3 be informative?

That's a good question (request for clarification) worth a lengthier answer.

Could you add it here?

http://microformats.org/wiki/html5-profile-issues

Thanks much,

Tantek