Re: no change proposal for ISSUE-55, but a new plan for @profile

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>
> While I'm still unconvinced of the value of profile, I think this is a
> great plan for going forward!

Hi Jonas and thanks for your kind words.

I will agree with you that there is still a burden upon the editor and
authors to demonstrate the value of a generalized profile attribute on
all elements.

> I especially like that this puts RDFa, microdata and @profile on equal
> footing, clearly indicating to authors that they are free to choose
> whichever mechanism they like the most.

Agreed. With the microdata (syntax & processing) draft being separated
out from HTML5, this path made the most sense.  It also provides an
explicit deliberately forward-compatible path for use of microformats
in HTML5, and the opportunity for the various extensions to
borrow/share from each other as they see fit in the interest of
informing and improving all of them.

> / Jonas

Thanks,

Tantek