Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:24:38 -0800
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, public-html@w3.org
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>

On Feb 15, 2010, at 9:09 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> Ian Hickson wrote:
>> Here's a counter-proposal for ISSUE-30:
>
> Thanks!  I've updated http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html
>
> Potential next steps:
>
> 0. Amicable Resolution
> 3. Discussion
> 4. Call for Consensus
> 6. Poll or Vote

Even though it's a day past the deadline, I'd like to request an extra
week to write up a third alternate proposal. My alternative would
propose making the longdesc attribute conforming, but with a mandatory
validator warning. Sam and/or Paul, can you please advise whether this
would be acceptable?

Regards,
Maciej