Re: CfC: Publish HTML5, RDFa heartbeats and Microdata, 2D Context and H:TML as FPWDs

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:07:42 +0100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:45:37 +0100, Julian Reschke
> <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>> I already have objected to re-publish these sections as part of the
>> Microdata spec, see
>> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Feb/0042.html>.
>> In particular, I'd like to see a statement from the editor about
>> whether this is intentional, or just an oversight (potentially caused
>> by the way the specs are generated).
>
> I'm not the editor, but I know this is intentional.

Thanks for the feedback.

So does anybody want to argue that development of metadata vocabularies
is part of our charter?

I have no problem with people working on this, but this *really* should
  be coordinated with other stakeholders, such as:

- RDF community (there's no reason why vocabularies can't be shared
between RDF and Microdata, as far as I understand),

- Microformats, and

- the relevant IETF Working Groups, which just obsoleted RFC 2445 (with
RFC 5545), and are working ob obsoleting RFC 2426 (with
draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-09).

Best regards, Julian