Re: Integration of HTM

Ian,

The group has heard your comments. We don't agree with you. I am not going
to have another email discussion dragged into the weeds like what has
happened on summary. I think we have had adequate discussion on the topic
and this will be part of the proposal we go forward with.

We have agreement from Apple, Microsoft, IBM, and Mozilla and we are
working on an implementation.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger

             Ian Hickson
             <ian@hixie.ch>
             public-html-reque         Richard
             st@w3.org                 Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
                                                                        cc
                                       Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>,
             02/03/2010 07:49          "public-html@w3.org"
             PM                        <public-html@w3.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Integration of HTM

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:

> We are calling it the accessible DOM for canvas. It starts and ends with
> the <accessible></accessible> tags and it is not visually rendered.

I really don't think this is a good idea, as explained in the following
e-mails:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/0488.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/1151.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/0931.html

I do not think it is necessary to have multiple inline alternatives for
<canvas>, nor do I think it is necessary for widgets that represent the
graphically-rendered widgets on a <canvas> to be marked up separately from
an inline alternative representation. The existing features of HTML
already allow us to have multiple alternatives. Adding more features for
this is IMHO a mistake.