Re: Integration of HTM

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:

> We are calling it the accessible DOM for canvas. It starts and ends with
> the <accessible></accessible> tags and it is not visually rendered.

I really don't think this is a good idea, as explained in the following
e-mails:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/0488.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/1151.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/0931.html

I do not think it is necessary to have multiple inline alternatives for
<canvas>, nor do I think it is necessary for widgets that represent the
graphically-rendered widgets on a <canvas> to be marked up separately from
an inline alternative representation. The existing features of HTML
already allow us to have multiple alternatives. Adding more features for
this is IMHO a mistake.