Re: Integration of HTM

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 09:05:24 -0800
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, public-html-request@w3.org
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>wrote:

>  Ian,
>
> The group has heard your comments. We don't agree with you. I am not going
> to have another email discussion dragged into the weeds like what has
> happened on summary. I think we have had adequate discussion on the topic
> and this will be part of the proposal we go forward with.
>
> We have agreement from Apple, Microsoft, IBM, and Mozilla and we are
> working on an implementation.

Please note that there is no such thing as "agreement from Mozilla". The
mozilla community is composed of individuals that often differ in opinion.
In matters of web standards we usually don't form an "official mozilla
position" or any thing like that. So while there very well might be people
at mozilla that support this proposal, it is not "agreement from Mozilla".

Personally I have the same reaction as Ian.

I'll also note that Maciej is from Apple and appears not to like this
proposal either. However I don't know what Apples policy is on these things.

Best Regards,
Jonas Sicking
Mozilla