Does anyone like microdata?

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 20:42:55 -0700
Cc: Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>, public-html@w3.org
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

On Jun 25, 2009, at 1:32 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> The text of HTML5 was all written by me, but I do disagree with
> several
> parts of it. These include, but are not limited to:

[...]

>  - The inclusion of the microdata section

Does anyone agree with the inclusion of the microdata section? It's
certainly possible for a solution that no one likes to be the right
answer, I would be concerned with a feature that had a constituency of
0. In particular, does anyone think microdata is better than including
no solutions to address the use cases at which it is aimed?

Regards,
Maciej