RE: Microsoft's cross-document messaging and DOM Storage tests published

On January 26, 2009 10:30 PM, Charles McCathieNevile [chaals@opera.com] wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 23:23:39 +0100, Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
> wrote:
> > About a year ago when we set up an area on the dev.w3.org CVS
> > server for storing and managing test cases:
> >
> >   http://dev.w3.org/html5/tests/

> > We then got into some discussions about what the structure of the
> > subdirectories should be, but never got around to actually
> > checking in any tests. But since you've got tests you'd like to
> > submit, it would be good to get them checked in there. We can just
> > choose a subdirectory structure and adjust later if we need to (I
> > have shell access to the directory on the CVS server, so I can
> > move/rename directories while still preserving the revision
> > histories for the files they contain.
>
> For mine, having some way of knowing when the WG has approved a test,
> what things it relies on, etc is valuable. But that doesn't need to be
> reflected exactly in the directory structure, since we can add data
> about tests later.

Clearly, as the working group adopts test cases, we will need some kind of process for how individual tests are reviewed and approved by the group. I will work with Mike to get the tests uploaded and we will make updates according to the feedback we get. At a certain point, though, we will need to decide that certain tests are "done" and should not be modified.

Cheers,

Adrian.