Re: Microsoft's cross-document messaging and DOM Storage tests published

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 23:23:39 +0100, Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org> wrote:

> Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>, 2009-01-26 14:00 -0800:
>
>> We'd like to contribute these tests to the working group. I know
>> there were some initial discussions about a testing framework at
>> TPAC but I haven't seen anything since.

Great! Thank you - this sort of thing is helpful in general.

>> Suggestions about how we
>> can submit these tests in a way that allows other members to add
>> to them would be helpful.
>
> About a year ago when we set up an area on the dev.w3.org CVS
> server for storing and managing test cases:
>
>   http://dev.w3.org/html5/tests/
>
> We then got into some discussions about what the structure of the
> subdirectories should be, but never got around to actually
> checking in any tests. But since you've got tests you'd like to
> submit, it would be good to get them checked in there. We can just
> choose a subdirectory structure and adjust later if we need to (I
> have shell access to the directory on the CVS server, so I can
> move/rename directories while still preserving the revision
> histories for the files they contain.

For mine, having some way of knowing when the WG has approved a test, what
things it relies on, etc is valuable. But that doesn't need to be
reflected exactly in the directory structure, since we can add data about
tests later.

cheers

Chaals