Re: Microsoft's cross-document messaging and DOM Storage tests published

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:44:52 -0800
To: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Cc: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, public-html <public-html@w3.org>

On Wednesday 2009-01-28 09:27 -0800, Adrian Bateman wrote:
> At a certain point, though, we will need to decide that certain
> tests are "done" and should not be modified.

No, the spec is normative, and the tests are not, so if tests are
found to be incorrect, they should be fixed.

(That said, there may be cases where it would be desirable to change
the spec if the test caused interoperable behavior that disagreed
with the spec but was not actually a problem.  However, that would
need to be done through a decision to change the spec.)

-David