Re: Begin discussions for pushing Last Call into 2010

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2009, at 2:42 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:
>

>> OK, now I'm confused. According to Dan, I can't bring the issue up
>> now, unless I have new information. That's cool, I understand. In
>> which case, the only time I can bring it up, is when a decision has
>> been made on the HTML 5 specification, which would be following Last
>> Call. I could then bring it up as a Formal Objection. Even though I'm
>> a member of the WG now, I wasn't when this decision was made, so I'm
>> not acting in bad faith to object.
>>
>> However, you're saying I can raise this as an issue now?
>
> I think it's not appropriate to reopen the issue - issues can only be
> reopened based on new information, once they are closed. But if you
> want to make a Formal Objection, it would be appropriate to do so now,
> instead of waiting for Last Call.
>
> Regards,
> Maciej

That may be what Sam is suggesting -- to raise the issue now as a Formal
Objection, not in the Issues database.

I can do that, but I thought Formal Objections normally came after a
publication, and the HTML 5 spec is still only a Working Draft. But I
could see how the vote was _a_ decision, and so a FO now would also be
appropriate.

Sam, which do you want me to do? FO or Issues, and when? I want to make
sure that what I do is done appropriately.

Shelley