Re: contrived data table example

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:52:40 +0300
Cc: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>, "Gez Lemon" <gez.lemon@gmail.com>, "W3C WAI-XTECH" <wai-xtech@w3.org>
To: "Steven Faulkner" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>

On Sep 25, 2008, at 16:40, Steven Faulkner wrote:

>> <hsivonen> zcorpan_: the example was contrived, so there's
>> insufficient data regarding what the real-world Right Thing is here.
>> [1]
>

> No, its actually a dynamically generated output table from a web
> application by one of our corporate clients which we were asked to
> provide accessible markup for.
> the data has been changed so we could publish it.

Previously, this version had been put forward as the real thing:
http://juicystudio.com/wcag/tables/complexdatatable.html
Hence, I assumed the later case wasn't the actual case but a
reordering made to demo complexity that James' tool wasn't yet handling.

Does the real app of your client output both column orders?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi