Privacy implications of automatic alternative selection (Re: Acessibility of <audio> and <video>)

From: T.V Raman <raman@google.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:07:52 -0700
To: hsivonen@iki.fi
Cc: public-html@w3.org, wai-xtech@w3.org, singer@apple.com

The user picking a particular alternative does not necessarily
directly reveal a physical disability -- it merely reflects the
abilities of the accessing user at any given point in time. This
difference may be subtle, but it is significant --- I'm prepared
to say "right now I am not in a position to see the screen, send
me audio" --- as a user when I download a given alternative.
This is different from my saying "I cannot see, give me an
alternative"

--
Best Regards,
--raman