Re: Privacy implications of automatic alternative selection (Re: Acessibility of <audio> and <video>)

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 19:19:15 +0100
To: "T.V Raman" <raman@google.com>
CC: hsivonen@iki.fi, public-html@w3.org, wai-xtech@w3.org, singer@apple.com

Unless there are legal implications here, I suspect
we are being over-sensitive : when a potential
undergraduate writes to the enrollment office of
his preferred university and asks for a braille
copy of the prospectus, the probability is quite
high that he is blind or partially-sighted.  But
we do not seek to enable him to disguise this
fact by sending out our prospectuses in all
possible formats (print, large print, braille,
audio, etc) to every applicant.

Philip TAYLOR